To celebrate the return of direct flights, Virgin Atlantic is giving Mancunians the chance to fly to Boston for the price of a cup of tea.
On 1 June, 50 lucky people will be able to secure a return flight to Boston for £3.95 – providing they swot up on the famous University town first.
Inspired by the Boston Tea Party, Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew will arrive at Richmond Tea Rooms, ready to quiz willing participants on an array of Boston trivia. Two entrants will go head to head, answering a series of questions about the Massachusetts city, before one can unlock the £3.95 price – the cost of a pot of tea in the Richmond Tea Rooms.
What do you have to do?
- Make your way down to the Richmond Tea Rooms, Richmond Street, The Village, Manchester, M1 3HZ on Friday 1st June
- Our famous Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew will be on site to take your details and register your interest from 7am and issue you with a raffle ticket
- Cabin Crew will select lucky numbers from the queue, to be invited into the tea room and compete for the lucky fare
- Once inside, you’ll go head to head with another competitor. With the crew as Quiz Masters, you’ll be asked a number of questions on Boston trivia
- The first contestant to get to five points will be crowned the winner
What do I get if I win?
- You unlock a special fare, allowing you to purchase up to two return tickets to Boston for £3.95 each (that’s the cost of a pot of tea in Richmond Tea Rooms.)
- The deal is based on a three-night trip, with travel every Wednesday to Saturday in June
- Valid travel dates are;
- 13th – 16th June
- 20th – 23rd June
- 27th – 30th June
- There’s a total of 50 seats up for grabs
- Once you win, please collect your winners letter from one of the cabin crew in the Tea Rooms
- 25 rounds of the quiz will take place
Boston or brew promotion – Terms & Conditions
- By participating in this promotion (”Promotion”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the Promotion is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 years or over, except for employees of any Virgin company, their families, agencies directly connected with Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited (“Virgin Atlantic”) operations and/or creation of and administration of this Promotion.
- 50 return Economy class tickets from Manchester Airport to Boston Logan Airport departing on the VS121 on and returning on the VS122 on selected dates only as follows;
- 13th – 16th June
- 20th – 23rd June
- 27th – 30th June
- The cost of each return Ticket is £3.95
- There are only limited seats available on each group of dates, once the tickets are sold for one date, tickets must be purchased on the other dates provided
- To enter, participants register their interest at the Richmond Tea Rooms on Friday 1st June, with a member of Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew. They will be given a raffle ticket and if called, they’ll be invited inside to participate in a Boston Trivia Quiz
- If successful, a Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew member will provide the winner with a unique booking reference. The winner must then call up Virgin Atlantic’s Business Support team to book the special fare.
- The cost of each Ticket is £3.95 and full payment will be taken from the participant at the time of the booking.
- Each participant will be eligible to take up to one (1) additional travelling companions at an additional cost of £3.95 per person.
- The Ticket may only be redeemed and used on the above-listed dates. Participants must ensure they are able to travel on these dates. The Ticket will be forfeited if it is not redeemed and used by this date and no alternative, refund or compensation will be given.
- Specific Conditions:
- i) The Tickets are only valid on the Virgin Atlantic flight VS121 Manchester Airport to Boston and Virgin Atlantic flight VS122 from Boston to Manchester on dates given in the winners letter
ii) All applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges relating to the flight tickets shall be paid by Virgin Atlantic.
iii) The participant and travelling companion must abide by and are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available from Virgin Atlantic’s offices or via virginatlantic.com
iv) Virgin Atlantic schedules are subject to change without notice. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cease operating to any route and shall offer participants a refund.
vi) No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or tier points will be awarded. Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the Ticket.
vii) Once a booking has been confirmed no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative tickets will be issued.
- Each participant and travelling companions will be solely responsible for all other arrangements and costs and expenses including but not limited to transport to and from the departure and arrival airports, accommodation, car parking charges, car hire, lounge access, meals and refreshments (other than those made available inflight on a complimentary basis), excess baggage, visas (including ESTAs), passports, excursions, attractions, travel insurance, medical insurance.
- The Ticket may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
- It is a condition of accepting the Ticket that each participant and their travelling companion gives consent to Virgin Atlantic to publish their image, name and county of residence in association with the Ticket in any and all forms or media as required by law or otherwise in connection with the Promotion. Each participant and their travelling companions are expected to participate in reasonable publicity, including event photography and video which will be advertised.
- Each Ticket is non-transferable to anyone else including another family member or any other named person and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other flight. No cash alternative is available. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute each Ticket for an alternative equivalent flight if for any reason beyond the control of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic is unable to fulfil the Ticket.
- By entering the Promotion, each participant and travelling companion agrees to release Virgin Atlantic from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any Ticket (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- Virgin Atlantic’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each participant accepts their Ticket at his/her own risk.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.