Beef, chicken, halloumi or chick pea? Burgers come in all kinds of guises these days, so you can celebrate National Burger Day whichever way it suits you, whether you’re a vegan, veggie, hardcore meat-eater, or just have a serious case of the munchies.
As for us, we know what we’ll be making for dinner tonight. Our popular Clubhouse Burger is one of the most requested dishes at our London Heathrow Clubhouse. Last year we launched a new version of this succulent fave, and in honour of National Burger Day we’re sharing the recipe so you can learn to create it at home.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- A seeded potato bun
- 15g Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 5g Colman’s English mustard relish
- A 6oz burger patty
- 30g Rubies in the Rubble tomato relish
- Iceberg lettuce
- Red onion
- American cheese
Layer the burger as follows:
- Start with the bottom half of a freshly baked bun, and spread on a healthy dollop of Hellman’s mayonnaise and Colman’s English mustard relish (mixed together)
- Add a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce and sliced red onion
- Follow with the main event – the 100% ground British beef patty glazed with American burger cheese
- Next add a decent serving of Rubies in the Rubble spicy tomato relish
- Top with some drained, sliced gherkin and finish off with the bun lid
There you have it: our coveted Clubhouse burger. Serve with chips and your favourite cold drink.
Still hungry? Have a browse through our full Clubhouse menu (pdf).