Pumpkin Bread with toasted Coconut
MAKES ONE 8½X4½” LOAF SERVINGS
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, warmed, slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat an 8½x4½” loaf pan with nonstick spray; line with parchment paper, leaving a 2″ overhang on all sides. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl.
Whisk eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, and oil in another large bowl until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smooth top, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, coconut, and granulated sugar.
Bake bread until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes
Transfer pan to a wire rack and let bread cool 30 minutes in pan. Turn out on a wire rack and let cool completely.
Cook ahead: Bread can be baked 3 days ahead. Keep tightly wrapped at room temperature.