Inspired by our Barfly’s Guide to Los Angeles this week, we’re taking a moonlit musical journey into the underbelly of LA. This is a world of speakeasy style bars, cocktails and city secrets. For our soundtrack we’re taking some moody West Coast-themed and LA-associated tracks: jazz, soul and rock ‘n’ roll for after hours in the City of Angels.
Playlist 8. After Hours Los Angeles
- Chet Baker – “My Funny Valentine”
- Joni Mitchell – “The Hissing Of Summer Lawns”
- The Doors – “Moonlight Drive”
- The Kinks – “Celluloid Heroes”
- David McCallum – “The Edge”
- Bill Withers – “Who Is He (And What Is He To You)?”
- The Rolling Stones – “The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man”
- Terry Callier – “Sunset Boulevard”
- The Flying Burrito Brothers – “Sin City”
- Tom Waits – “The Ghosts Of Saturday Night”
And here are some of video clips to kick things off:
Virgin Atlantic operate daily flights to Los Angeles from London Heathrow – check out our website for the very best deals on fares.
What makes a good travel playlist? Got any suggestions for future lists? We’d love it if you joined in”¦so please let us know in the comments below.