We love a good beach and they don’t come much better than Varadero in Cuba. With 36 Kilometers of white powder sand it is often referred to as one of the best beaches in the world. Which is why we are delighted to announce Varadero as a new addition to our leisure flying programme. We are also increasing services to Barbados, Florida and Las Vegas for summer 2017.
As one of Cuba’s premium holiday destinations, Varadero’s famous beaches and world class resorts can now be accessed directly from London Gatwick with Virgin Atlantic, with services due to commence in April 2017. It’s set to run alongside our existing twice weekly service to Havana, meaning our customers can now get the best of Cuba’s beaches, alongside the world famous sights the city has to offer.
Our Gatwick flying programme will also be boosted in summer 2017 with two additional services to both Las Vegas and Barbados during the summer period, to meet the increased demand during peak season.
Manchester also continues to grow as a hub for Virgin Atlantic, with up to three flights per week operating to Barbados and up to 14 services to Orlando. The popular Florida holiday destination will also see flights from Belfast and Glasgow double during peak months.
“Cuba has proven an increasingly popular holiday destination, so it’s great that we are able to open up the island to more of our customers with our new route between London Gatwick and Varadero,” said Erik Varwijk, our Executive Vice President, Commercial. “For customers outside of the London area, more seasonal services from Belfast, Glasgow and Manchester too will make it even more convenient for them to visit the Caribbean and Florida.”
We look forward to welcoming you onboard and flying you to one of these superb holiday destinations.
The new summer 2017 leisure programme updates are:
- New weekly year-round service from London Gatwick to Varadero launching from 2 April 2017
- Increasing services from London Gatwick to Las Vegas. Operating nine flights per week in April and May (up from seven). These additional flights will be on Monday and Wednesday
- Increasing services from London Gatwick to Barbados. Operating nine flights per week in April 2017. The extra days will be Wednesday and Sunday
- Doubling our service from Belfast to Orlando to operate two flights per week for a four-week period during June and July
- Increasing service between Glasgow and Orlando to four flights per week for a four-week period during June and July
- Increasing services from Manchester to Barbados. Operating two flights per week on an A330-300. Further increasing to three per week during the school holiday period from late July to the end of August
- Increasing services from Manchester to Orlando route. Adding one extra weekly flight in late July until the end of August, taking it to 14 services per week in this period