March 25, 2011
Attention planespotters, aviation geeks and all lovers of flying! As you may already be aware, we have 10 Airbus A330-300 aircraft on order, 2 of which will be going into service very soon. We have a fantastic last minute opportunity for one lucky person to win an escorted behind-the-scenes tour of one of our brand new A330 planes as it undergoes its final checks at London’s Gatwick Airport.
The tour will take place next Tuesday afternoon (29th March 2011) and will be conducted by one of our very own fantastic engineers. To be in with a chance of winning this great prize all you have to do is answer this simple question:
How many engines does an A330 have? Simply mail us your answer, with the subject line ‘A330 Competition’ and include your name and most importantly, a telephone number for us to contact you.
Your entrance into the competition deems acceptance of all the Terms & Conditions below. Please read them carefully as they contain specific details about eligibility.
1. The prize will offer one place on an escorted tour of the A330 at Gatwick Airport.
2. The competition is open until midnight on Saturday 26th March 2011.
3. The winner will be notified by email or phone on Sunday 27th March 2011. Due to the timeframe of the competition, the winner needs to confirm their availability by 2pm on Sunday 27th March, or another winner will be drawn at 3pm on Sunday 27th March. Your personal details will not be used for any purpose other than to contact the winner.
4. Virgin Atlantic will need a photocopy of the winner’s passport by 9.30am on Monday 28th March 2011.
5. This promotion is open to anyone aged 16 and over. Proof of age will be required.
6. The competition is only open to British passport holders.
7. The winner must be able to travel to the Virgin Atlantic Head Office, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, by 1pm on Tuesday 29th March 2011 and are responsible for their own transportation arrangements and costs. Travel costs and arrangements will not be provided by Virgin Atlantic Airways or any other party.
8. It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are specified they cannot be altered.
9. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
10. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
11. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity.
12. By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
14. By entering the promotion, the winner consents to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and its use on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time.
15. This prize draw is open to anyone aged 16 or over, except employees of Virgin Atlantic, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters’ advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
16. The Sites’ Editors’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
17. Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.17. Virgin Atlantic will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
18. The promotional draw is held by Virgin Atlantic Airways, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, UK or the promoter, as stated.
19. Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked vtravelled.com, Virgin Atlantic Airways, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
20. Where Virgin Atlantic Airways runs a competition with a promoter such that the promoter is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then Virgin Atlantic Airways shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.