#wonderfulwishes airport activity 2016
Many congratulations to our winners Geoff Dobberson, Rick Yates and Nicola Ramsay. Thank you to everyone who took part.
Full terms and conditions:
Entry into this competition (the “Competition”) is open to:
- customers flying on a Virgin Atlantic flight during the Promotion Period (as further described in condition 2 below);
Each entrant must be residents in the UK aged 18 and over on the day of the entry, except for (i) employees of Virgin Atlantic company or its holding or subsidiary companies; (ii) agencies directly connected with Virgin Atlantic’s operations and/or creation of and administration of this Competition; or (iii) members of the immediate families or households of (i) and (ii) above.
- The prizes consist of 3 pairs of Economy return tickets for any direct non-stop Virgin Atlantic route (the “Prizes”). There will be 3 Prizes in total for the promotion which runs from 17 December to 23 December 2016 inclusive (the “Promotion Period”).
- To enter this Competition send a picture with a ‘where you wish for’ message of yourself wearing the Virgin Atlantic Christmas hat. Photos must be sent to Virgin Atlantic through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #wonderfulwishes. Entries submitted via other routes or with another hashtag will not be valid.
- By entering the Competition you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by 11.59PM (GMT) (“Closing Time”) on 25 December 2016. All entries received after the Closing Time are automatically disqualified.
- The competition entries will be judged by a panel of three judges from Weber Shandwick, who will choose the three winners (the “Winners”)taking into account the following criteria:
- How creative the entry is
- How entertaining the entry is
- Virgin Atlantic’s decision regarding selection of the Winners is final and no further correspondence shall be entered into concerning the matter.
- All eligible entries shall be entered in the Competition and the winners of each Prize (“Winner”) will be selected by 03 January 2017. All the Winners shall be notified by Virgin Atlantic within 14 days of the Winners being selected, using the social media platform through which the winning entry was submitted or via email, once the Winners have provided their contact email addresses as part of the prize fulfilment process.
If Virgin Atlantic is unable to contact a Winner in accordance with the above paragraph 7 within 14 days of the Prize draw, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected from the original entries.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Virgin Atlantic does not accept any responsibility or liability for lost entries or entries which are delayed, damaged, corrupted, incomplete or not received.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person and multiple entries will be counted as one entry. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of scripts, “brute force‟, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Competition, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Each Prize must be redeemed and used in its entirety, including the return flight, between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2017 (subject to availability). The Prize will be forfeited if it is not redeemed and used by this date and no alternative or compensation will be given
- The prize may not be taken during UK Easter school holidays (3 April – 21 April 2017) or UK Summer school holidays (17 July – 5 September 2017)
- Popular dates (weekends, school and public holidays) will fill quickly and Virgin Atlantic cannot guarantee availability. Some flights may already be booked and consequently have no seats available in the applicable booking class. Winners should try to book as much in advance as possible.
- Tickets may not be used on Delta Air Lines, codeshare partners or transferred to any other airline.
- All applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges relating to the tickers shall be paid by Virgin Atlantic.
- The Winner must abide by and are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available from Virgin Atlantic’s offices or via www.virginatlantic.com.
- Virgin Atlantic schedules are subject to change without notice.
- No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or tier points will be awarded. Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the flights.
- Once a booking has been confirmed, no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled, no alternative tickets will be issued.
- In the event that any of Virgin Atlantic’s flight programme or operations are altered, suspended, cut-back or cancelled, Virgin Atlantic is unable to guarantee that any affected Prize flights will be honoured. If Virgin Atlantic is able to transfer the Prize to another airline, travel will be for economy/coach class only, subject to availability. No refund or part refund will be given for any alternation or cancellation of the Prizes in these circumstances.
- The Winner and guest will be solely responsible for all other arrangements and costs and expenses including but not limited to transport to and from the departure and arrival airports, accommodation, car parking charges, car hire, lounge access, meals and refreshments (other than those made available inflight on a complimentary basis), excess baggage, visas (including ESTAs), passports, excursions, attractions, travel insurance, medical insurance.
- The Prize may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare offered by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that each Winner gives consent to the Promoter to publish their image, name and county of residence in association with the Prize in any and all forms or media as required by law or otherwise in connection with the promotion. Each Winner is expected to participate in reasonable publicity.
- The name and county of the Winners will be published after 15 January 2017 on the Ruby Blog https://blog.virginatlantic.com/wonderfulwishes.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other prize. No cash alternative is available. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative equivalent prize if for any reason beyond the control of Virgin Atlantic it is unable to award the Prize.
- The Winners accept the Prize at their own risk. By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any Prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- The Promoter does not claim any rights of ownership in your Competition entry.
- You agree that Virgin Atlantic may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant Virgin Atlantic a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry for such purposes.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, Registered Office: The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF.